Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More of Isaac




The first few days at home have been a whirlwind. Mom has been wonderful! I have been able to sleep so much because she has done everything. I feel like a queen. The most trying part is for Isaac and me to learn how to breastfeed. It has been challenging but my milk has been coming in and he is eating more. I just laughed when the visiting nurse was worried about him being a borderline emergency in his weight loss because it has already been 9%. Are we really that worried about this chunker losing a few oz.? I'm not!! We have had a breastfeeding bootcamp today and he has done SO much better! He has also been more awake and alert.



Sweet story: I got a phone call from Jonathan in the afternoon and he said he was on his way home. His original plan was to stay at school and get caught up...he told me that he couldn't pay attention in class and would just go through the pictures on the computer over and over. As soon as classes were over he was on the bus coming home to be with his boy.

He loves holding, playing, and taking care of him. He is an adorable dad!

9 comments:

Megan said...

AAAhhhhh! Abigail!!! You are a mom! More pictures, more pictures! I love seeing you and your baby, and your cute grandma mom and your loving older sister, how fun! Not to mention that gleaming proud father, ooohhhh, I am so happy for you guys! That all is well. How are you feeling though? I hope you are feeling good. I'm sure it's hard to feel crappy around such a darling lil boy, but I hope you are feeling well. I showed everyone at work your pictures - they thought Isaac was 3 months old!! Hahaha, he look sso big, but not that big. They all are amazed, simply AMAZED at your acheivement of labor. They all tell me their worst child's labor experience and nothing comes close to yours. I'm so proud of you. Congrats again, IO hope you're feeling well - you look GReat!!! Love you!

eliza and christopher said...

Thank You, Loves!!!

Erin said...

he is sooo precious. and its crazy that you are now a mom! how weird is that?!?! sooo adorable, he doesn't even look real, just like an adorable little doll!

Oneal family said...

Hello little Isaac Dunford. Welcome to your family love you all.Little Jahla!

Phil and roxy said...

Isaac is so cute. Didn't i tell you that your mom would be the best thing after the baby. What a sweet little family.

Danielle Hall said...

He looks like a little man in those jeans!!!! I love these updates. Can't wait to see all three of you! I'll bring snacks.... any requests?

Jim said...

Congratulations kids. You used to be a baby too you know. I can't believe you are all grown ups too.

Lynda said...

Abby - I am not sure if you remember me, but I am a good friend of the Dunfords. Lynda Todd (Kim is my maiden name). Anyway, I am coming to Midland and will be staying at Pam's. She told me about your wonderful news. You are a super woman with that delivery! WOW!! Your baby is so beautiful...say hello to Jonathan. I am sure he knows who I am.

Maynard and Nonie Sorensen said...

So nice to hear from you Abby and to hear about your wonderful son as you are getting ready for yet another wedding with one of our very favorite YPM groups. You were such an important part of that group during your mission to Nauvoo. Hope we can see you again soon. Our love to Jonathan. We are well and very active.

Love ya,

Maynard and Nonie Sorensen