Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dr. Burrows

Well, we have had two appointments with the pediatrician. Dr. Burrows was recommended by a friend from church. We luckily got her to see Isaac on the day they had to squeeze us in. The hospital wanted us to go the day after we came home. When we requested Dr. Burrows they said that she wasn't taking patients but that she would see him that day. After she met Isaac I think she was smitten and told them to let us continue seeing her. So we lucked out. I really like her. She is very down to earth, friendly, and took an interest in Isaac and our needs.



By the first appointment he had already lost 9% of his birth weight. He had finally gotten his eating down better and had gained 6-7 oz. in 2 days. They had us scheduled for another visit two days after his first check up. I wonder if that is the normal weight gain. If it is, he won't be little for long and that makes me sad. I hope he gains gradually so I still have a little baby for a while longer.

Those numbers are in Kilograms. He weighed 10 lbs. 10 oz.

3 comments:

Emily said...

we need to get him a squirt cup!!

Mom

theminerfamily said...

Hey, I found your blog! I LOVE seeing all the pictures and hearing the story. Abby you are one heck of a woman! 43 hours??? He is the cutest thing! I also love the two pictures of you and Jonathan before Isaac arrived. (at the beginning of the slide show) They brought tears to my eyes. So sweet! What a miracle. I am happy that you had your "moms" here aren't they INCREDIBLE?!? I love my mom more and more each day.
Anyway, see you soon! Call me if you need ANYTHING.

Nathan and Lisa said...

Abby, your baby is so cute!! Do you just love being a mom? I'm sure you are doing such a great job!! :) I miss you!!