Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Dream Team

Isaac and I had both Grandma Jones and Grandma Dunford come and take care of us this week. I was able to rest between feedings and start the healing process. This mostly consisted of napping and staying off my feet. Isaac got to snuggle with his grandma's and I was waited on hand and foot. I think what is more important however, is that by the time they left I felt confident in my ability to take care of Isaac. I had an idea of his personality and how to take care of his wants and needs. We have finally figured out nursing, although it is stating to hurt a little more, and night time hasn't been so bad. He is in my room now in the cradle next to my bed. He didn't even cry last night the one time he woke up to eat. He just moved around and maybe whimpered enough to let me know he was waking up. After we were done I laid down in my bed and put my hand over the bed to rock the cradle. It was perfect. I am so grateful that my mom and Pam helped me out so that I can now take even better care of their grandson.

1 comment:

Phil and roxy said...

I'm so glad you had so much help. I makes so much of a difference. I don't know what i would've done without your mom with charlotte or you with jackson. Glad