Thursday, August 7, 2008

We are finally here!

Well, it is Wednesday night (7/30/08) and we are finally settled into our new apartment in Ann Arbor. We packed the truck on Saturday morning around 10:30 and then by 3:00 we were moved in. We had so much help from friends, missionaries, and other graduate students who are from our new ward (church congregation). It was very overwhelming seeing all of the boxes piled up but little by little we managed to unpack them. Emily was here the whole time which was a big help. Also, Pam, Jonathan's mom, came down on Monday to help out.

It feels so good to be settled and the apartment looks fabulous. Everything fits perfectly and there is still room to spare. We couldn't exactly say that about our last apartment. There are walkways on either side of our bed now with a big area towards one side. We also have a dishwasher, washer and dryer, and 2 walk-in closets. I don't know how we ever functioned with our little closets before. I think it was 2X3 feet... However, I must say that our old apartment was wonderful. It had so much character and we loved living in the building. We will miss it along with all the wonderful friends we left behind. At least we are only 45 minutes away.

I will post pictures when we find the cord that I need to upload them. Then, you can see the apartment and the NURSERY! Yes, we finally have set it up! It has been torture storing things in boxes and never being able to set up the crib. I am still waiting on the glider that my mom got for me but it is going to be an awesome room. I think his room is bigger than the bedroom Jonathan and I had for the past 2 years! Lucky kid.

2 comments:

Tim & Alicia said...

Yippee!! How nice to be moved in, now you can pop any day, and there will be a home to bring the baby home to.
I hope that there are more belly pictures in that camera too.
I'm waiting for your call, Ellia will probably nap around 10:30...

Phil and roxy said...

i can't wait to see pic of the new house