Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas Stockings!





Okay, Jonathan isn't home so I can't get stupid blogger to lay out the pictures the way I want them to.

Can you guess which picture was taken without Jonathan assisting to get a smile? That's right, the second one!

Below is the story about the stockings...

My Grandma Jones has made stockings for all of her grandkids. She hasn't been able to knit due to her arthritis for many years now. Unfortunately, for me, I didn't think my family could carry on the same Christmas tradition. Then, my friend LeAnne introduced me to Etsy. It is similar to Ebay except it is all homemade crafts/things. I was perusing "knitted stockings" and found a woman who made stockings just like my grandma. I sent her a picture of my families stockings and asked her to make them for me. She said that it wasn't the exact same pattern but she had the one my grandma used!! I about fell out of my chair with excitement. I can think of 3 other times I have been so excited. My engagement, wedding, and the day we found out Jonathan was accepted to U of M. (I was too exhausted to be excited when Isaac was finally born. Also, I was more shocked than excited when I found out we were expecting a baby. You would think those events would be more exciting than finding out about stockings...oh well...)

Thank you jpyle from Etsy! You made my Christmas this year!

3 comments:

eliza and christopher said...

Yea!!! I am so excited you found these. I want to get one for Christopher, his name is kind of long though huh? I need to get this info from you. Thanks for posting. It always makes my day when I get to see this little guy!! Love ya!

Jim said...

Hey Abby,

Can you give me the info on that lady? We need to get one for Maggie. She is the only one of the kids that doesn't have one.

That little guy is super cute. Nice Cheeks.

Justus said...

I want to see a picture of Jonathan laying on the ground with his stocking too.