Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baby Kate

Katherine Leora was born on February 12th around 1:00 a.m. She came out waving, weighed 8 lbs. 13 oz., and was 21 3/4 inches long. We are so glad that she is here and that everything went well.
The next morning Aunt Emily came into town and was pleasantly surprised that baby Kate was here!

Later that afternoon Grandma and Grandpa Dunford came with Isaac. He was so excited to see me and I heard him scream, "Mommy" from the hallway. It was so nice to hear his voice and sense his excitement. He was adorable with Kate. He sat by me on the bed and said, "I hold her." He gave her kisses and hugs and called her baby Kate over and over. He also tried to make her jump up and down in his arms...


I have written down the full story but don't want to put it on the blog as we aren't private...If you want me to send it to you let me know. Overall, it was night and day compared to Isaac. Despite the induction, I was able to have her naturally without any pain medication. It was just what I wanted. I am so glad I was able to have that experience. It is what I had been praying for. A non-traumatic labor and delivery...one where I wouldn't be upset whenever I heard other women telling their birth stories. It is hard to describe, but although I am very grateful for Isaac's birth and how it happened, I felt like something was missing. Anyway, She's here! She's finally here!

8 comments:

theminerfamily said...

SO SO happy for you guys and glad the labor went how YOU wanted it...finally! You all look great, cannot wait to watch her grow! Please keep blogging! XOXO

Natalie said...

I'm impressed you had her naturally even with an induction! I'm so glad it went well for you and how you wanted it to go!

Sarah said...

She is beautiful and I am so glad you had a good experience! Please email me the story :)

Dano said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for you and your beautiful family. What a wonderful family picture. I'm glad everything went well.

Erin said...

congrats! she is beautiful! I'm glad it was such a better birth experience! It makes me so happy, and I have hope for my next delivery!

Marian said...

Abby you look so good after just having a baby! She is so adorable! I've thought about you a lot wondering when the little girl would come. I'm so so glad you had an easier delivery, and of course I'd love the whole story. I hope you are getting some sleep!

Blake and Kathryn said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Abby and Johnathan, we are SO happy for you! Blake and I were just saying we didn't know that you guys were even pregnant! Congratulations on your new baby girl, she is BEAUTIFUL! And way to go for going natural! That is so so neat that you did it! Love you both so much and can't wait to see how your baby girl continues to grow! :o)

Justus said...

Congrats team Dunford! We miss you guys.