Monday, July 27, 2009

A Creative Flare

I have been preparing for our move back to Ann Arbor. I have a lot of time on my hands, and have a thousand thoughts in my head about how to have a more design flow in my home. I am grateful for all of the contributions we have received/gathered over the years. Especially, since we have been going through grad school for three years and have two years left. Money is tight. Despite my feeling of gratitude, I usually come home, look around, and feel frustrated. "nothing goes together" Well, I have researched, perused decorating blogs, copy and pasted tutorial links for projects, and am ready to go.

Here are some of the things I would like to accomplish in August:

Refinish my dining room table and chairs

Make curtain rods (the cool kind with finials and all)

Upholster my dining room chairs


Refinish the coffee table

Paint the nursery and determine an accent color for the wall in the living room


These projects will hopefully allow me to feel less frustrated in my home.

P.S. Does anyone know a good home organization blog? I need some ideas.

6 comments:

jtibs said...

Glo knows of a great style blog...I'll find out what it is. But I don't know about a organization blog. Organizing is expensive to get all the nice bins and baskets etc. Also- I love the fabric in the pic.

Megan said...

Ooooh, what fun projects to dive into! That's a lot of work, but surely worth it - I'm sure you'll do a great job! I look forward to before and after pictures :) Sorry I don't have any suggestions for a home organization blog....

Marian said...

Well, I'm in the same boat as you, so I have no advice. But I wanted to say that I miss you and hope you are doing great!

Phil and roxy said...

wish we could upholster the chairs together?

Anonymous said...

Abbey: I really like http://www.realsimple.com/
The magazine and web site are great for organizational tips & all sorts of good things!
Merrilou

Erin said...

i love how all your projects turned out! if you check my blog under creativity there are tons of sites to help!