Sunday, July 22, 2007

The relay marathon

I found out last weekend that my Dad, Emily, Eliza, and Mary are all running a marathon together at the middle of September. I was sad when I first hear about it because I wasn't participating. Even though deep down I know I will probably never run a marathon. I just don't have a love for running like the rest of the Joneses. Then my mom called me to see if I wanted to go down to Ohio and watch them run. I told her I didn't because it would be too depressing. Then I said, if they have a 5K or something I will come and run. Then I won't feel like such a slacker. (Last marathon I watched was my Dad and Eliza in St. George. My mom made special t-shirts thats said "Slacker Chicks" on the back.) So then I found out there was a relay marathon you could divide between four people. So with some coercion I talked my mother into running the 5 miles, margie the 8 mile, Jonathan the 6.7 mile, and I would run the 6.3 mile.
Since then I have worked out twice. An hour and a half of Thursday (cardio and weight training) and today I went out and ran around Detroit for 25 minutes!! This is quite an accomplishment since I think the last time I ran was with Jonathan when we were dating. I could have run longer except my ears hurt from all the wind blowing in them. My body would have still kept going!! I am very excited about that since I thought I was in horrible shape. I guess walking to school and work everyday has been good for me.
So that is my big accomplishment for the week. The relay is on September 14th so I will keep everyone posted on how I am doing and how my trooper of a mother is doing...

No comments: