Sunday, May 4, 2008

My first REAL job!


Well this past Monday I started my first job. I am going to be working contract for three months full-time until the baby arrives. It seems like the perfect plan because I don't have to sign up for a certain amount of time with this company. I can work for three months. Take as much time off for the baby I want and then go back to them or find other employment. So far it has been great. I work in an elementary school and a preschool. I have two offices. One's actually in the picture (the second window from the left). The other is a whole classroom with lots of windows and my own fridge! I like having my own space and not having to report to a supervisor about every decision I make. I am in charge of 36+ kids. So far it has been easy since it is the end of the school year and there is hardly any paperwork so I just give therapy.
In that way it is great. I just give therapy and don't have a lot of extra stuff to do. However, even after a week of being there working on language and artic therapy I have realized that the medical setting/rehabilitation area is more for me. When I have the baby I am going to try and find a job that works with this population. As for now, making money and being with "littles" all day is fine. It is helping the time pass as I wait for "dino." (My father and families nickname for the baby)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Congrats on the sweet job! It sounds just perfect for your situation. I love when jobs are flexible!