Thursday, June 21, 2007

School and life ...

So I haven't kept this up to date everyday...but ten days is better than 8 months! Life has been very good. I interviewed and got an internship with the Children's Hospital of Michigan. I am really excited about it. They mainly work with children ranging in ages from 3-5 but also work with older and younger children. They are in the hospital setting so they get a lot of severe cases with cleft palate, syndromes, disorders etc... They are also have combined offices with the Audiology department so I will get to work with children who have cochlear implants and hearing aids. It should be very interesting to work there. It is only a 15 minute walk from my house and will be a very well rounded experience for me.
Therapy was very successful today. I was so excited because one of my clients J.G., who has Broca's aphasia, was able ot communicate a desire he had by mastering the phrase "I want ____" The most exciting thing about it was that he found confidence in himself to do it. Also it will be very functional for him. It was so awesome sitting there in therapy and taking him the extra mile to see what he could do. I am very excited for him.
This semester has been the hardest one. There are so many projects, papers, and clinic is very time consuming. I also am swamped with family obligations. We have the Witt family reunion, Eliza's wedding, Grandparents coming to town, and church responsibilities. Jonathan and I are going to chaperon youth conference and are planning the branch picnic for next weekend.

No comments: