Thursday, June 21, 2007

Father's Day 2007

Jonathan and I decided to go home for Father's Day last minute. We dropped off people from church and then while we were on the highway decided to drive to midland and surprise the Dunford Family. Everyone was there and it was Pam and John's 30th wedding anniversary. When we pulled into the driveway Jonathan called his dad to wish him happy Father's Day. Then as he was about to say I wish I could give you a hug right now, he walked into the front door and over to his dad to give him a hug. It was a big surprise and we were just in the knick of time for dinner. They were just about to sit down and eat. It was so good to be with them. We ate dinner, played games (the WII), and watched John and Pam open anniversary presents. Then as we were leaving we decided to try and stuff their old chairs into our car. They had gotten a new table and said we could have their old chairs and stools. I have been so excited to get them and have real dinning chairs instead of our card table chairs. They are a light wooden color and we were planning on painting them black. However, they don't look that bad being a natural wood color so we will leave them be until I have time to do something about it. after we filled the car we headed towards my house so I could give my dad a hug as well. We walked in the front door and he seemed pretty surprised to see us. To our surprise, Emily was there as well. It was a lot of fun being home and although it was 10:00 at night we ended staying until like 11:30. We got home at 1:00 and I had therapy early the next morning but it was worth it. I have loved being so close to home while we can. We are far enough away that we are not dependent on them, however, we are close enough to go home during important life events and just see each other. It has been a blessing. I love John and I love my daddy.

No comments: