Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dinosaurs, packages, and fire!

Well, it was quite the project making Isaac's cake for his birthday. I underestimated how long it would take to make homemade fondant, color, and decorate it. I think we wiped the floors and counters a half a dozen times and mopped twice... Sticky stuff. We initially celebrated Isaac's birthday during Labor Day. Then, we had a kid party on his actually birthday. Here is the picture of the dinosaur cake. He almost touched the fire on the candle when he was supposed to blow it out.



The slideshow is the sequence of events that took place to open Charlotte and Jackson's present. Thanks guys. It was hilarious watching him hoard the fruit snacks in his hand.

8 comments:

Marian said...

Wow, the little guy looks like a toddler now! I hope he had a happy birthday!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Isaac! We hope you (and your parents) had a fun day!

Angela Dougherty said...

Oh my gosh, he is the cutest!!! Happy birthday, Isaac!!

Angela Dougherty said...

Also, that cake looks AMAZING! hmmm...I think I need you to teach me...

Phil and roxy said...

hey where is my comment?

Phil and roxy said...

Abby great job with the cake. How funny that he got a dino cake. You wanted dino's from the very beginning. I'm glad he had fun with our package.

Nonie said...

Wow, what an awesome cake! I better learn how to do that one day...

Happy Birthday, Isaac!

Nathan and Lisa said...

Great job on the cake, Abby! I can't believe Isaac is one! He is such a cute little boy!